Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Lo bueno, si breve

...dos veces bueno

Good ol' Garcian, a reknown spanish poet, must have just come back from Auckland when he mused over the effect of brevity on good times. Indeed, what is good, when brief, is twice as good. And that pretty much sums it all.

I am now safely back in London, no terrorist threats, despite what the politicians would have us beleive. Just had my final exam yesterday and it actually went well, which is surprinsing considering that I arrived only the day before.


In a way, it is good to be back home, got me a jamon sandwhich curtesy of Dani, and been catching up with my old friends, in a way Auckland seems like a dream. And like a really good dream, it leaves one with the bittersweet feeling that you get the moment you wake up, because it was good, yet you know that it is over and you've got a great new day ahead of you.

So now I find myself picking up the threads of my life in the old continent, planning my next steps and definately my future travels!

...but at the same time, it seems inevitable to have a look back.

I mean, it's been four months. When you look back at your life four months often seem a pretty insignificant length of time. Either they fly by when you're an adult working away at your desk or they drag like when you were six and four months stood between now and Christmas.

Only seldom I have found that four months can actually change a person. And I do believe that that's actually what just happened to me. The New Zealand experience was defiately something else. So rarely do you get a combination of being in an awesome place and surrounded a an even more spectacular group of people.

From the first person I have met to the last, it seems like everyone's made an impression. I guess anyone willing to travel to the other side of the world must have a pretty cool personality. And if you alredy live at the other side of the world... well, you're already someone else

I won't go through the good times (I believe I've accounted for most of them throughout these posts) or the good people, to whom it would be impossible to do justice. The only thing I can say really is thanks. Never has a final year project been so great.

You all truly made work feel like a holiday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

japon?? No paras nachin! Pues mil enhorabuenas x el exmanen!!! (aunq a la vez no me sorprende q te haya salido bien). Q planes tienes? Yo toy en Leon y volare a londres el 20, aunq el finde del 15-17 estare en madrid q son las fiestas del PCE, asiq si estas estaria genial, si no a ver como lo hacemos pa' vernos. Un besin muy fuerte y bienvenido al viejo continente!!

Achonacho said...

jeje, bueno a ver q pasa

lo bueno es q acabo de coger otro vuelo a londres de madrid el 2 de noviembre, asi q si no te veo antes te veo entonces!

yo stoy en londres hasta el 16, en cuyo momento me voy de interrail por francia y espanya con dru :)

Anonymous said...

And looking forward to the trip I am too :o) Though with the way work is going it does seem like a million years away! I really can't be arsed today!

Anyways, Congrats on your exam results man, been trying to phone, but can't get through, so i tought i'd post here, as it will kill an extra valuable couple of minutes before leaving work for the weekend!

See you later, mine's a Guinness!